Impossible Mission II
Platforms: Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Apple II, Apple IIgs, Atari ST, Commodore 64, IBM PC/Compatibles, ZX Spectrum
Also Known As
IBM MCGA/VGA version of Impossible Mission II
Following his defeat in the first Impossible Mission game, Elvin is hiding out in his fortress which consists of nine towers. To stop Elvin from destroying the world, players must infiltrate the fortress and locate the control room in the central tower to disarm missiles within 8 hours. To accomplish this, players will need to complete several tasks to break through the security in the towers; this includes:
- Locate the 3 digit security code for each of the eight outer towers. Each tower is locked, so without the security code players will be unable to get through the door to adjacent towers. Parts of the security codes are hidden behind objects in various rooms throughout the towers and can be found by searching.
- Located in each tower is a safe containing a musical sequence; there are six unique musical sequences and two duplicate. To unlock the elevator to Elvin's control room the six unique musical pieces need to be assembled in the correct order.
- Once the control room is reached, the correct computer capable of disarming the missiles needs to be located.
- The basic security sentrybot: Sentrybots are the most commonly encountered robots; they are armed with a plasma gun and fire whenever the player is nearby.
- Minebots: Minebots wander around the room randomly and leave mines on the floor. The player dies if he steps on one of the mines.
- Pestbots: These robots are harmless to the player, however they run around rooms riding the platforms up and down. In some rooms where platform position is critical to reach an object the postbot can cause trouble for the player by reseting the platforms before the player reaches the desired location.
- Squatbot: Squatbots hide on the floor; if the player steps on one he is launched upwards rapidly. If there happens to be a platform in the way the player dies, however in some cases squatbots can help the player reach high platforms that may be otherwise out of reach.
- Bashbot: Bashbots look like bulldozers; they will attempt to either push the player out of a room into the hallway or to crush him against an adjacent wall.
- Suicidebot: When a player approaches a suicide bot it will leap off of the platform attempting to take the player with it.
MarketingProduct catalogs, magazines, flyers, or other documentation Impossible Mission II has appeared in.
*Note: If you are unable to see any images in this section, you may have an ad blocker installed that is blocking the thumbnails and/or images.