Platforms: Amiga, IBM PC/Compatibles, Macintosh
Overview and Gameplay of Stellar 7
IBM VGA version of Stellar 7
Gir Draxon, the supreme overlord of the Arcturan Empire, is preparing to launch an attack on Earth. To stop Gir Draxon from succeeding, the player takes the role of the pilot of a futuristic tank called the Raven. The Raven is the Terran Forces most technologically advanced craft; players need to pilot the Raven in the Arcturan star system and defeat Gir Draxon’s forces on each of seven planets before before the Earth is destroyed. The Arcturan Armada consists of twelve known types of enemies; the game provides a briefing detailing the capabilities of each. Additional enemies will be encountered as well, their capabilities unknown…
The Raven’s Capabilities
The Raven is equipped with several standard issue defences and can also gain additional weapons by collecting power modules. The standard issue capabilities of the Raven include the following:
- Bi-Phasal Thunder Cannon: Can fire up to two shots at a time. Ammo supply is unlimited.
- Protonic Shields: Standard issue defensive shields capable of absorbing enemy attacks. Each time the Raven is hit by an attack, the shields energy depletes a little. When the energy is completely depleted, the Raven will be destroyed and the game is over.
- Inviso Cload Generator: When activated the Raven will be invisible to enemies. Each activation lasts for a limited time and it will need to recharge before being used again. Players begin with three activations, and more can be acquired by picking up a power module.
- Radar: Displays the location of enemies and other objects relative to the Raven.
- Zoom Magnification: Allows players to view distant objects closer in the main viewscreen.
- Eel Shield: Allows players to destroy enemies that come into contact with the Raven.
- Super Canon: Increases the firepower of the main canon and allows more than two shots at a time.
- MP Thrusters: Provides a short but powerful surge of speed for the Raven.
- Cat’s Eye: Allows players to see enemies that are cloaked.
- RC Bomb: Similar to land mines; the Raven can drop these on the ground and enemies who get too close will be destroyed.
- Jump Thrusters: Allows the Raven to jump a large distance.
Platform: IBM PC/Compatibles
|Producer and Designer:||Damon Slye|
|Lead Programmer:||Piotr Lukaszuk|
|Art Director:||Mark Peasley|
|Conceptual Artist:||Robert Caracol|
|3D Artist:||Cyrus Kanga|
|Shell Programmer & Additional Effects:||Nels Bruckner|
|Artists:||Robert Caracol, Mark Peasley, Brian Hahn, Kobi Miller|
|Audio Director:||Alan McKean|
|Musical Composers:||Don Latarski, Kim Nagel, Dale Cooper|
|Panel Art Painter:||D. Brent Burkett|
|Image Department Director:||Randy Dersham|
|Sound Effects and Music Editor:||Chris Stevens|
|Design Contributors & Playtesters:||Paul Bowman, Dariusz Lukaszuk, Jerry Luttrell, David Selle, Forrest Walker|
MarketingProduct catalogs, magazines, flyers, or other documentation Stellar 7 has appeared in.
*Note: If you are unable to see any images in this section, you may have an ad blocker installed that is blocking the thumbnails and/or images.