Bouncy Bee Learns Words
For: IBM PC/Compatibles
Bouncy Bee Learns Words for the IBM PC
Bouncy Bee Learns Words features two modes of gameplay:
- Let's Learn our Words: This mode guides users through all of the activities included. It also keeps records of the progress children are making and allows reporting on progress. Up to 10 groups of 1-15 children each can be maintained by the program.
- Direct Select: This mode allows users to directly skip to any included activity and choose any available word list. In this mode progress is not maintained for users.
- Shopping for Words: This activity uses a store window to display pictures and words. The activity is designed to help children read and pronounce different words and also includes an option to help typing and spelling.
- Grandfather's Beehive: This activity is designed to help children practice left to right eye movement by using moving words on the screen. A target word is provided, and children need to press the spacebar when they see a matching word.
- Filling the Honeycomb: Filling the Honeycomb is a word matching, hand-eye coordination game. The goal of the game is to fill in empty spaces in a honeycomb by matching words to a target word. Various words appear in the empty spaces and the space can only be filled in when the correct word flashes in the space; as the game progresses the honeycomb becomes larger and has more empty spaces to fill.
- Antagram Word Game: Antagrams is a word recognition game. At the start of each round, marching ants are scattered randomly in a field; when the game begins they slowly move into formation spelling a word. The faster children can recognize the word before it's fully completed, the more points are earned.